I continue my detailed series on the Kua Numbers. After the Kua 1, the Kua 2, the Kua 3 and the Kua 4, here is the 6! And what about the 5? Remember the 5 is not a trigram! It is in the centre, in the Central Palace, and does not correspond to a cardinal area of the Pakua. That is why, as indicated below, if the calculation gives 5, it must be substituted by another.
Calculating the Kua Number
Here is a reminder to help you determine your Kua or Ming Gua Number.
For men born before 2000: 10 – last 2 digits of the year of birth
For women born before 2000: last 2 digits of the year of birth + 5
For men born after 2000: 9 – last 2 digits of year of birth
For women born after 2000: last 2 digits of the year of birth + 6
I also remind you that feng shui takes into consideration the Chinese solar calendar for which the first day of the year starts on February 3rd, 4th or 5th. So refer to the official calendar if the date of birth falls on these days.
Finally, if the result of your calculation is 5: if you are a man, your Kua is 2, if you are a woman, your Kua is 8.
Characteristics of the Kua 6
The Kua 6 belong to the Qian trigram, the creative one.
It is a yang-yang-yang trigram.
Its element is the Great Metal.
It represents the father.
Its season is winter.
Its colours are white, grey, silver and gold.
The Kua 6 is a steady person who likes to lead. He likes discipline, and has no problem following it or enforcing it. This sometimes gives them a rather stubborn and obstinate side, even intransigent. They don’t argue for hours, but rather seek to impose their views. The Kua 6 sets goals and stays focused. This rigidity in their character sometimes leads them to loneliness. They need to learn to take things less seriously and let more joy in.
The life palace of Kua 6
The 6 corresponds to the North West.
This means that people with a Kua number of 6 have their Life Palace in the North West zone of their home (according to the sectorisation done by applying the Bagua on the map).
Thus, as people of Kua 6 will be more in resonance with the energies of this North-West sector, it is interesting for them to observe which room corresponds to this zone and which objects are in it. Depending on the result, this can give information about what the person is experiencing as great happiness or is currently going through as difficulties or challenges.
This important information can also be used when analysing the flying stars: a Kua 6 will also be more sensitive to the energies of the 6 star and to a Kua 6 house. Think of trigrams as vibrational frequencies: all 6s share the same!
Favourable directions of Kua 6
The Kua 6 belong to the Western group.
The 4 favourable orientations of the Kua 6 are:
- Sheng Chi – Prosperity: West
- Yan Nian – Love and Longevity: Southwest
- Tian Yi – Health: Northeast
- Fu Wei – harmony and stability: North West
These are the directions to turn to when cooking, working, watching TV, sleeping… It is on this basis that the Feng Shui expert will make recommendations for the placement of the sofa, desks or beds.
By definition, the other 4 directions are unfavourable so it is better to avoid them.
Compatibility of Kua 6 with other Kua
It is once again thanks to the existing relationships between the 5 Chinese elements that we will be able to determine how the Kua 1 interacts with the other individuals.
- Kua 1 and Kua 6: metal nourishes water, the Kua 6 enjoys helping the Kua 1, they form a good partnership.
- Kua 6 and Kua 2 or 8: earth feeds metal, moreover, these two elements are reputed to be rather yin so they are particularly compatible. Be careful, as metal controls earth, a Kua 6 can also put pressure on a Kua Earth.
- Kua 6 and Kua 7: being of the same metal element, the two Kua are of course compatible. But they spend their time trying to get ahead of each other.
- Kua 6 and Kua 3 or 4: as metal cuts wood, these people sometimes have friction. The 6 metal should go easy on the wood.
- Kua 6 and Kua 9: fire is known to melt metal so the relationship depends on how this control is exercised. If the control is strong, the Kua 9 will have the ascendancy, it will not be compatible.
Knowing your Kua Number allows you to know your favourable orientations but also the location of your Identity Palace: by exploiting these directions and this sector at best, you will benefit from the best energies.
The ideal is to go even further with a Bazi theme, which will complete this first approach. Contact me for more information! 😊